Recipe by blucoat
This is a healthier pizza recipe from Foodland Ontario. YThe balsamic onions add a sweetness that contrasts with the tangy goat cheese. You can also use low-fat cheese and experiment with other vegetables like spinach or broccoli.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 -10 stalks asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 baked 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust (30 cm)
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or according to pizza crust directions on package).
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until softened and golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar; stir.
- Add asparagus; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, basil, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Spread asparagus mixture over whole-wheat pizza crust; top with goat cheese.
- Place pizza directly on middle oven rack (for softer, chewier crust bake on cookie sheet).
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until crust browns.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.