Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Everyday Food's November 2005 issue, this recipe is made on the stove top versus the roasted onion versions I've seen. The thyme also adds an interesting twist. :D
- 2 large red onions, cut into 8 wedges (trim core if pieces won't separate)
- 4 sprig fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, toss to combine onion wedges, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions release their moisture, 30-35 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; leave cover on and cook onions until golden, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar; cook until syrupy, 1-2 minutes.
definetely a keeper!!!!!!delicious tangy flavour