Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a dish adapted from Diamond Dishes: From the Kitchens of Baseball's Biggest Stars. A-Rod cooks it for T-Bond Steak but I made it for a baked salmon and it was delicious. I baked the salmon with spices and sealed in foil - the right before serving, I spread the Balsamic Onion Confit on the top.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large onions, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium hert. Add onions, a pinch of salt and 1 cup water. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring often, until water evaporates and onions are softened.
- Stir in another cup of water. Cook 20 minutes more, stirring often, until water evaporates and onions begin to brown.
- Add vinegar and honey. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until onions caramelize.