Recipe by Scoutie
My idea of the perfect pizza. The crust is crispy, the balsamic onions are sweet, the bacon is salty, and the goat cheese adds a little something creamy. I got this from mydailymorsel.com. The chef states: "I have spent a good deal of time trying to figure out how to get a crispy, golden crust on pizza when cooking it in your own oven. First of all, crank you oven up as high as it will go. The hotter your oven, the quicker the crust will crisp up. Second, a drizzle of olive oil under your crust before you bake it will ensure that it does not get soggy." Hope you enjoy!
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toss together the onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil the onions for 6 to 8 minutes, until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F, or as high as your oven will go.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the onions evenly over the dough. Crumble the goat cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.