Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great with steaks, hamburgers, or hotdogs. From Party Line with the Hearty Boys.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 Spanish onions, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring to coat in oil. Reduce the heat to medium, add the balsamic, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until the onions are velvety soft. Remove from the heat and let cool and add the chopped chives.
- Serve room temperature in a decorative bowl.