Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The balsamic vinegar gives this easy-cook dish a sweet, tangy flavour. Serve with a watercress, orange and red onion salad.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap. Beat them lightly with the base of a heavy pan, taking care not to tear the meat. Then put the chicken in a dish just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Season. Pour over chicken.
- Turn the breasts over so they’re completely coated in marinade. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Drain off the marinade; reserve.
- Heat a griddle. Cook chicken for about 4 minutes each side or until cooked through (you can grill / broil the chicken if you don’t have a griddle pan). Pour marinade into pan and boil for 1 minute.
- Drizzle over chicken and serve with a watercress, orange and red onion salad.