Recipe by dysonr88
I got this idea after seeing a similar item made at my old job. All they had in the tomatoes was cheese and bread crumbs, and it was served alone. That was too boring for me! I chose angelhair for my pasta.
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 6 white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces cooked pasta
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tops of tomatoes, scoop out centers.
- Stand tomatoes in a plastic container, place mushrooms in between.
- Poor small, equal amounts of vinegar into the tomatoes, poor remaining vinegar over mushrooms.
- Add garlic to each tomato, add remaining to mushrooms.
- Let everything soak for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Pour vinegar out of tomatoes into a frying pan.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, saute until the vinegar has thickened.
- Scoop mushrooms into each tomato.
- Add equal amounts of bread crumbs to each tomato, top with cheese.
- Bake the tomatoes in a small casserole dish for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta while the tomatoes bake.
- Plate pasta, drizzle oil over it, add seasoning.
- Place the tomatoes in the center of the pasta, two for each serving.
- Once ready to eat, cut the tomato and spread over pasta.