Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup uses both dried and fresh mushrooms and is finished with a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar.
Make and share this Balsamic Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium sized bowl, cover the dried mushrooms with boiling water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Saute onions for 5 minutes in the olive oil until they're softened but not browned. Add the butter (extra olive oil if you think you need it) abd fresh mushrooms. Saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add the dried mushrooms, the soaking water, chicken stock, and parsley.
- Bring the soup to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for about one hour.
- Taste after one hour. If the soup doesn't seem flavorful enough, cook a bit longer to reduce a little more. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree by using an immersion blender, food processor or regular blender (If using the latter two methods, puree in batches so the container doesn't overflow).
- Drizzle with vinegar once in individual bowls.
Wonderful soup! I really loved the addition of the balsamic vinegar although it's also good without the vinegar. The balsamic vinegar added a level of complexity to the flavors. I used mixed exotic mushrooms for the dried and crimini for the fresh. An immersion blender was used to partially puree the soup. Made for Spring 2011 PAC