Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe was published in a free cookbook put out by Empire Kosher Poultry to celebrate its 50th anniversary. It is very easy to prepare and very good with rice.
Top Review by Barb R
The flavor of this dish is exceptionally good. I used a little Italian Seasoning in addition to the thyme. I also agree with Jenny's review, you do want the sauce to be thicker - cornstarch worked, too. The sauce is so great, you don't want to waste a drop! Thanks!
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded into 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, sliced
- flour, for dusting chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Dust the chicken lightly with flour and brown in 1 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken, set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and saute the garlic cloves and mushrooms about 3 to 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme; cook about 5 minutes over medium heat until reduced slightly.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and simmer another 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked through but not overdone.