Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep4 hrs 30 mins
One of our favourite salads. My hubby always says " Whatever !" but he will eat it all unless I get to it first. Cook time is marinating time.
Peel and rough chop
- 1 cucumber, seeded and dried with paper towels
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1 orange, seeded
- 1 granny smith apple, cored (or your favourite)
- 2 garlic cloves
Not Peeled and Rough chop
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced into rounds
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced into rounds
- kosher salt
- fresh basil, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine in a large plastic bowl with a lid the cucumber through green bell pepper. Add splashes of vinegar and pepper - to taste, don't soak ( the fruit and vegetable juices will draw out during marinating ). Marinate at room temperature or chill for 4 hours - turning bowl over after 2 hours to mix.
- Drain off some of the marinade if too wet ( you don't want a very soupy salad ). Gently fold in the strawberries and banana.
- Spoon into salad bowls. Add salt if desired, sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.