Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I need to buy balsamic vinegar by the gallon, it is wonderful. This is a nice refreshing salad for summer cookouts. It was printed in the summer medical booklet DH's prescription service publishes. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked broccoli, seperated into florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked cauliflower, seperated into florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 12 baby carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, sliced thin and seperated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the vegetables in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Stir well, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cooking time reflects time to marinate vegetables.
Anything soaked in balsamic vinegar has to be good, right? Yummy!
This was wonderful Paula! I did cut down the water to 1/3 cup, I felt that 1/2 cup was too much and added in more olive oil, the longer the chilling time the better for these veggies! Great recipe, thanks hon!...Kitten:)
A great vegetable mixture and the dressing is so good! I used matchstick carrots and green onions and let the salad refrigerate overnight. We had this over 4th of July weekend and it was a hit with everyone!