Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so good. The marinade combined with the Gorgonzola topping is just perfect--Yum!
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons shallots or 4 tablespoons sweet onions
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives (fresh) or 2 tablespoons scallions (fresh)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse till garlic is chopped up (30-60 seconds). This will be thick.
- Lay your steaks in a non-corrosive baking dish and poke with a fork.
- Spread with marinade, flipping steaks to cover all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Gently stir all ingredients together till well blended.
- Grill steaks to your preference, sprinkling with salt on each side after searing.
- Just before serving spoon topping on steaks.
- Cooking time is not included.
We really loved this and my hubby has been asking for it ever since! We took advantage of the fresh basil from our garden and beautiful tomatoes but the marinade makes the meat tender and delicious!
This is a delightfully different recipe for a marinade that produces well flavored and tender meat. Instead of counting the garlic cloves, I used a whole head of garlic and not having fresh basil substituted dried. I used 3 sirloin strips and placed them in the marinade overnight. The topping adds the finishing touches. Thanks so much for a great recipe.
Wow! Such an easy recipe and it works wonders on a not too "prime" piece of steak. Marinating the full time really makes a not so tender cut come out fantastic. Followed recipe exactly, grilled on the outdoor grill and my DH loved it! Actually, he loved it the minute he could smell the marinade being made. Thanks for posting! This will definitely become a repeat at our house.