Recipe by startnover
This is so good. The marinade combined with the Gorgonzola topping is just perfect--Yum!
Top Review by stacylu
We really loved this and my hubby has been asking for it ever since! We took advantage of the fresh basil from our garden and beautiful tomatoes but the marinade makes the meat tender and delicious!
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons shallots or 4 tablespoons sweet onions
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives (fresh) or 2 tablespoons scallions (fresh)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse till garlic is chopped up (30-60 seconds). This will be thick.
- Lay your steaks in a non-corrosive baking dish and poke with a fork.
- Spread with marinade, flipping steaks to cover all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Gently stir all ingredients together till well blended.
- Grill steaks to your preference, sprinkling with salt on each side after searing.
- Just before serving spoon topping on steaks.
- Cooking time is not included.