Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
ADapted from Kraft Food & Family Magazine. I did not have Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, so I made my own using aged balsamic, extra virgin olive oil, italian spices, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. I also used 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained, in place of the fresh tomatoes. This recipe was really simple to make and tasted wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- Toss dressing over shrimp in small bowl; cover.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and pour off excess liquid.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook linguini until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat; add shrimp.
- Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and half of the basil to same skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
- Add shrimp; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- *Note: I kept 3-4 ladles of the salted pasta water aside, before I drained the linguini, in case the pasta sauce became thick (just to help coat the linguini evenly).
- In a large serving dish, toss the hot fettuccine with the shrimp and sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped basil and shredded cheese.