Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just saw this made on The Chew (ABC) and it looked delicious, so I am putting it here for safe-keeping. When I make it, I won't use the raisins, as I don't care for them. Also, you can use the leftover marinade to create a sauce for the shrimp. She didn't specify the size of the shrimp, but they looked medium to me. Plan ahead, cooking time does not include the marinading time.
- 5 portabella mushrooms (cleaned and ribs scraped)
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 smashed, 2 sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- honey mustard, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and smashed garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Put the portobello mushrooms in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the mushrooms. Marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or you can also grill them outside. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the mushrooms are tender. Once cooked, transfer to a serving platter.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the sliced garlic and raisins and saute for about 1 minute. Add the chili flake.
- Toss in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat in the garlic and raisin mixture. After about 2 minutes of cooking, when the shrimp is just turning pink, deglaze with about 1/4 cup of the marinade. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and after about 30 seconds, pour on top of the plated portobellos.
- Garnish with the chopped chives and serve with honey mustard and lemon wedges.