Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Great for outdoor grilling. This is a different tasting grilled eggplant. A vegetarian delight! Prep time is marinating 24 hours.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped-together with parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, skinned and sliced into 1/4 inch lengthwise slices
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and pour over the eggplant.
- Marinate overnight (or at least four (4) hours).
- Cook on a pre-heated grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
- The eggplant will get dark brown and lightly crisp on the outside, and soft in the center.
I love the taste of this eggplant! The mixture of tart and sweet were just right. I will be making this again! I broiled it this time but can't wait to grill it outdoors! Thanks!
This wasn't bad but I thought it was too sweet myself. I didn't marinated it for very long so maybe that would make a difference.
I really liked the tart taste of this recipe! I'm not sure how I would improve it actually!