Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and quick for a busy weekday dinner. Found this on the net. Served it with noodles stirred in the remaining glaze and stir-fried spinach.
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets or 4 salmon steaks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine grapefruit (orange) juice, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in oil.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush generously with glaze and grill or broil 10 minutes, occasionally brushing with glaze.
This was delicious! I wouldn't Change a thing! It is now my goto for salmon! Thank you!
I made this recipe for my son for his lunches at school. Yesterday I asked him how he liked it. He said it was so yummy. That he didn't get enough and to add more for the next days. He thanked me for doing him great lunches. When I asked him how many stars, he said 6. When he loves a recipe, he always say more than 5 loll I used orange juice. Thanks Chef Dudo :) Made for PAC Spring 2013
I used a fresh orange for the juice and grilled the salmon. This had a good mild flavor. I served with a green salad with balsamic dressing and feta. Thanks Chef Dudo, for posting. Roxygirl