Recipe by Tebo
The longer the maranade the better the flavour. The pesto and vinegar give this a unique taste. Maranade time not included in prep time.
Top Review by kkritter
I found this recipe and had to try it. We only marinated it for about 5 hours and cooked it at 325 for a few hours. It was so good! It had a slightly greek taste. The meat was tender and the sauce made from the juices was very good. I plan on trying the marinade with other kinds of meat.
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (homemade or bought)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) butterflied leg of lamb
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all but the lamb.
- Trim fat from lamb and marinade in above up to 24 hours.
- Foil line a baking pan, place lamb on a rack in pan.
- Roast at 450 F for 20 to 30 minutes until thermometer reads 140 F (for rare).
- Tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with pan juices.