1/3 Photos of Balsamic-Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
1 hr 5 mins
What's Cooking?'s Note:
This is an easy, inexpensive, stress-free recipe even a beginning cook could whip together. Perfect for fall and winter. This dish is usually served hot, but is also very tasty cold, either by itself or mixed in with spring greens and a balsamic or "goddess" dressing. You can easily substitute other root vegetables if you don't have these on hand - Try celery root, baking potatoes, red beets, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large carrots, unpeeled, in 3/4 inch slices
- 1 large yam, peeled, in 1 x 1 inch cubes
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled, in 1 x 1 inch cubes
- 4 turnips, peeled, in 1 x 1 inch cubes
- 1 large parsnip, in 3/4 inch slices
- 3 yellow beets, peeled, in 1 x 1 inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 stalks celery, in 3/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 small boiling potatoes, in 1x1 inch cubes (Yukon or New varieties) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut the bottom 1/4 inch of each garlic clove off but do not peel cloves.
- 3Toss ingredients in a deep baking dish.
- 4Roast, uncovered, for approximately 30 minutes or until all vegetables are soft throughout.
- 5Toss vegetables and turn heat up to 400 degrees. Roast until vegetables are browned and caramelized (15-20 minutes).
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic-Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: