Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Balsamic vinigar garlic and honey give these greans an icredible flavor
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh gosh these beans were fantastic green bean recipe! I used frozen whole green beans I can't wait to make this again with my garden beans this summer, I reduced the thyme and basil to 1/4 teaspoon and used dried dill I didn't have any fresh but you can be certain when I make this again using fresh beans I will use fresh dill, these are so good, what an great find, thank you MRSJSPANTS!
- 2 cups fresh whole, green beans
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanche or steam beans and set aside.
- In saute pan, simmer onion and garlic in oil to caramelize, and then add remainder of ingredients.
- Simmer until reduced approximately 50 percent by volume, or until glaze has reached a syrup-like consistency.
- Add beans and toss to coat sprinkle with salt before serving.