Recipe by GT in SA
A wonderful fusion of flavours. Goes well with most any dish but especially good with full-bodied meats. Pre-cook beets in their skins by baking in foil at 200 Celsius for 1 hour. Alternatively, autocook without added moisture in microwave. preparation time does not include pre-cooking.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious. Even the non-beet eater liked them. Great flavors from the honey and balsamic. Will be making these again. I steamed the greens and drizzled some of the sauce on them also. Made for the Think Pink 2011 game.
- 5 medium beets, baked in their skins and allowed to cool
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
- Add honey to balsamic, heat and mix thoroughly.
- Skin and quarter beets, and place cut side up in ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle half the balsamic-honey mixture over beets and bake at 200 Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle remainder of balsamic-honey mixture over beets and bake for further 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.