Recipe by Rita~
This is a great appetizer on crisp French bread, tossed on a salad or topped on cooked steak or hamburger!
Top Review by FanciMcG
I love this. The fresh ingredients are the key, I think. I top a small salad with the goat cheese and use the marinade as dressing; I also add the sundried tomatoes to the marinade. The calories are a bit high, so this is considered a special treat in my house - delicious. Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, diced
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, lemon peel, garlic, basil, rosemary, and oregano in medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into glass baking dish or a pickling jar.
- Add goat cheese; turn to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days, turning occasionally.
- Transfer goat cheese to platter.
- Spoon marinade over.
- Top with sun dried tomatoes and or black olives.