Super easy and flexible recipe for roasted veggies. Smell of this roasting is heavenly! Pairs well with all kinds of meats (my fave is roast beef) and leftovers work well cold as a salad mixed with a bit of baby spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -15 baby red potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head garlic, peeled & separated & large cloves quartered
- 1 -2 carrot, peeled and sliced thickly
- 1 stalk celery, washed and sliced thickly
- 1/4 cup olive oil (approximately)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (approximately)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary (optional)
- 1Use this recipe as an inspiration as all the liquid ingredient measures shown are approximate (I don't measure - I add by simply pouring it on)! Almost any firm vegetables work well.
- 2If using mushrooms, sweet potatoes,peppers or zucchini or asparagus, etc., add these only in the last 15-20 minutes of roasting or they will disintegrate and get mushy.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to coat.
- 5Pour into an ungreased wide and low lipped baking dish (I like the Corning or Le Creuset dishes for this) and spread out evenly. For crispier veggies, spread into a single layer if possible.
- 6Roast for 45-55 minutes, depending on the thickness of your vegetables. Stir veggies halfway through the roasting time.
- 7Serve with meat main course.
- 8This recipe does not work well on a bbq.
- 9This recipe can be done on a half convection half regular method. Start off the first cooking time in the convection then switch the oven to the regular setting. This will yield crispier exteriors to the veggies.
- 10The garlic and onions will caramelize and sweeten.
- 11If you like saltier veggies, add 1/2 tsp kosher or rock salt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic & Herb Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g