Recipe by Sue Lau
A nice tasty glaze to use on meat, fish and chicken, and tempeh during grilling. Can also use it as a marinade. You can make this in advance up to a week and store in refrigerator; just warm to room temperature before using.
Top Review by bricookie55
This is absolutely delicious as a marinade. I used it on chicken, then baked the chicken in the oven. I took the leftover glaze, poured it into a small saucepan, let it come to a boil on the stovetop and then simmered 15 minutes. I poured that sauce down over the top of the baked chicken and some roasted potatoes. Yum! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, wine, honey, oil, and half of the herbs in a small saucepan.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining half of herbs; season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Brush on meat or fish during last minutes of grilling.