Recipe by Shawn C
A nice flavor for a lighter meal. Wonderful with grilled veggies and maybe some brown rice. Perfect for a summer cookout. Dump it all in a freeezer bag and freeze, while it thaws it will marinate itself. And then make half of the marinade to baste with if desired.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Great OAMC recipe! I did make this with the olive oil which does congeal when it gets cold, so wasn't sure how it would work. But it caused no problems, although I did put at room temp for about 15-20 minutes before cooking. This was delicious! I made as is and put in the freezer for a quick meal. Thanks for posting; will make again! Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional heat factor) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade together and reserve 1/4 cup to baste after grilling if desired.
- Marinate chicken minimum 4 hours but for best results, overnight. Or Freeze for later! Just Thaw in Fridge and grill!
- Grill chicken over indirect flame, medium heat, until done.
- Add wood chips for a smoky flavor if desired.
- Brush with any reserved marinade (uncontaminated by chicken) if so desired.