Adaptation of a recipe from Live Better America. Great with grilled trout (or other fish) and roasted potatoes. Do not pre-cook green beans if they are small haricot vert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into six to eight wedges (leave core in to hold wedges together)
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges (we like to grill the onion wedges, leave root end on to hold wedges together)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Clean beans and cut fennel bulb into wedges. When water is boiling, add vegetables and blanch until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and shock in ice water to stop cooking, then drain well.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, Add onion (if not grilled) and cook 7 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown.
- 3Add blanched vegetables, cook, uncovered, stirring and turning frequently, about 10 minutes until tender and caramelized. Add remaining ingredients and cook another 30 to 60 seconds until well coated and glazed.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Green Beans and Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g