Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i love anything with balsamic vinegar!
- 5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Add 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar to sugar, mix and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on high heat, add oil.
- Add garlic, shallots and green beans, salt and pepper; stir fry for a few minutes until beans start to shrivel.
- Reduce heat to low, add water and balsamic mixture and cover, cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in remaining balsamic, add butter and almonds, swirling pan to blend.
This is a great recipe, and can be made with white basalmic too. White basalmic is a great replacement if you need something a little milder, or don't wish to discolor what you are cooking. DELICIOUS!
Excellent! Balsamic vinegar has become one of my most favorite ingredients for cooking. In this case it transforms the more traditional green beans with garlic or almonds by adding a richness that goes beyond it's dark sweet tart flavor. I made the recipe as directed. My only suggestion would be to blanch the beans first unless you are using small or fresh picked.
Wow! These are so simple to prepare but seem very elegant and would go well from weeknights to a dinner party! I cooked my beans a little longer with extra water which was no problem (I saw you noted more water may be needed), they turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!