- 5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar to sugar, mix and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on high heat, add oil.
- Add garlic, shallots and green beans, salt and pepper; stir fry for a few minutes until beans start to shrivel.
- Reduce heat to low, add water and balsamic mixture and cover, cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in remaining balsamic, add butter and almonds, swirling pan to blend.