Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Found this in Southern Living and it was quite good. Always looking for a way to make green beans.
- 1 lb tiny green beans (haricot verts)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water 5-6 minutes, drain.
- Stir together vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard until smooth.
- Cook shallots in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in vinegar mixture, salt and pepper, Add green beans, toss and serve.
Didn't really think this combination worked very well. It was VERY sweet and an odd combination of flavors with balsamic and dijon. I ended up putting a lot of fresh lemon over the top to lighten up the sweetness and improve the flavor.
A tasty change from regular green beans. Easy and smells great! I appreciate recipes like this that use ingredients that I always have on hand. Definitely will make again. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
I steamed the green beans until they were tender. I don't like them crisp. I used grainy dijon mustard. This is very tasty. Thanks Cooking with love :) Made for Healthy tag game