Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bear with me on these, this is one of those recipes that I just throw together and don't really know the exact amount of ingredients I use. So I took a gander here, the best I can tell you is keep tasting and add more of this or that until you get the taste you like. Once you do I promise these will be a BIG hit, they are DELICIOUS! I have made them both cold and warm--I prefer them cold. Enjoy.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans (cooked)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pepper (to season)
- Drain green beans and cool to room temperature.
- Add all ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Put in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Don't saturate the green beans in liquid, add just enough to moisten and for flavor.
These were wonderful!! Had a pile of green beans that I bought on sale, and had no idea what to do with them...until I found this recipe!! I must admit, I did go with the fresh garlic, but other than that I didn't change a thing. Wonderful!! Thank you!!! ~Manda
Five Stars for certain! These greenbeans were wonderful. They were very easy to prepare, and the beans were that lovely bright green color. I added fresh garlic, but the basalmic was the true flavor enhancer. A nice combination of ingredients. Thanks for posting a wonderful recipe, Dana. It will be used here in my house again.
These were excellent green beans, which I seved with our Christmas dinner. I added slivered almonds and it was outstanding. I also did not measure the ingredients, just winged it. Instead of olive oil, I used about 2 tablespoons of butter. Thanks for posting! Everyone at Xmas loved them!