Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy way to spruce up green beans. And they disappear fast. My family devours these. I created this when I was looking for something different to do with green beans in a hurry. A nice side for company too!
- Place green beans in microwave safe dish with the butter. Cover and cook on high for five minutes.
- Add vinegar and parmesan cheese. Cook on high five more minutes (covered).
- Stir to make sure the beans are well coated with the vinegar mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- These would work well with fresh green beans too. You would just need to adjust the cooking time.
- Ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit your taste. I will sometimes increase the parmesan cheese and use 2 tablespoons of butter.
To cut calories I didn't use the cheese, so I added some garlic and heb seasoning instead and these were very good. I used 16 oz. of frozen haricot verts so I cooked them a couple of minutes longer. I'm sure with the cheese they'll be even better!
I made these for Thanksgiving dinner and my family did not like them at all.
I used only 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar. I liked that it was cooked in the microwave. I had to add 5 minutes to the cooking time. I'll try again with another cheese like cheddar or mozza. Thanks Alskann. Made for Alphabet chef game