Recipe by Alskann
This is a quick and easy way to spruce up green beans. And they disappear fast. My family devours these. I created this when I was looking for something different to do with green beans in a hurry. A nice side for company too!
Top Review by Texas Wine Girl
To cut calories I didn't use the cheese, so I added some garlic and heb seasoning instead and these were very good. I used 16 oz. of frozen haricot verts so I cooked them a couple of minutes longer. I'm sure with the cheese they'll be even better!
- 1 lb green beans (I use frozen petite green beans)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place green beans in microwave safe dish with the butter. Cover and cook on high for five minutes.
- Add vinegar and parmesan cheese. Cook on high five more minutes (covered).
- Stir to make sure the beans are well coated with the vinegar mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- These would work well with fresh green beans too. You would just need to adjust the cooking time.
- Ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit your taste. I will sometimes increase the parmesan cheese and use 2 tablespoons of butter.