Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My brother is a deep-sea fisherman, whenever he gets the chance and brings home hundreds of pounds of Tuna! This is our absolute favorite way to fix this delicacy! I make the sauce way ahead of fishing season and store in the freezer. Even the kids give it two thumbs up! A fancy way to entertain guests and make it seem like you slaved all day. Give thanks to Beulah's in Port Aransas, Texas for this winner!
- Wrap bacon around tuna steaks and secure with toothpicks (if using).
- Salt and pepper.
- For sauce: Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat on medium until reduced by half.
- Sauce should be made ahead of time and can be refrigerated up to one week.
- Sauce can also be frozen and thawed in refrigerator before reheating.
- When warm and reduced, whisk in one tablespoon of butter until melted.
- Spoon some sauce on plate add grilled steak and drizzle sauce over the top.
- Grill tuna steaks 4 minutes per side over hot coals.