Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 tuna steak and 1 T. glaze. Per serving: 266 calories, 8.5 g fat, 40.3 g protein, 4.6 carb, 0.3 g fiber, 65 mg cholesterol.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks (each should weigh 6 ounces and be about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup diagonally sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; let the pan get hot.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over fish steaks.
- Place fish in grill pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness; remove pan from heat.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch; bring mixture to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon glaze over fish; top with green onions and serve.