Recipe by carolinajen4
I love scallops! Our local seafood restaurants make amazing scallop dishes. This recipe can hold up to all of them. Buy a frozen bag of scallops from Trader Joe's (if you are so blessed to live by one) and make a night of it. I serve this dish with Jasmine rice. From the Coastal Living Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a pieplate; dredge scallops in flour mixture.
- Saute scallops, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Remove scallops from skillet; set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup vinegar, honey, and marjoram to skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes or until throughly heated. Serve over rice.