Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love scallops! Our local seafood restaurants make amazing scallop dishes. This recipe can hold up to all of them. Buy a frozen bag of scallops from Trader Joe's (if you are so blessed to live by one) and make a night of it. I serve this dish with Jasmine rice. From the Coastal Living Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1 teaspoon oregano
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a pieplate; dredge scallops in flour mixture.
- Saute scallops, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Remove scallops from skillet; set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup vinegar, honey, and marjoram to skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes or until throughly heated. Serve over rice.
Fabulous recipe! Really makes the scallops pop....glad I picked this one out to serve my sweety for Valentines Day.
This is absolutely my favorite scallop recipe of all time!! Easy, delicious and always gets rave reviews! So fast to make it can be done during the week and so delicious it gets a prime spot during dinner parties. Thanks carolinajen4!
Good recipe. I stopped at Step 2, sauteeing scallops in balsamic flavored oil (basically dipping oil) to give it a slight balsamic flavor. I thought Step 3 would overcook. They came out good and we ate them rather quickly. Thanks!