Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on Allrecipes and am storing it here to try soon. It got great reviews and looks fabulous.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze, and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the foil.
I loved this recipe !!!!! So easy to do and delicious ! The only things I did differently were placing the salmon fillets on a aluminum covered baking sheet, brushing them lightly with EVOO & adding coarse salt & freshly grounded pepper and then adding the glaze. And for the glaze, I used a balsamic cream which is already thick so the sauce was really gooey and sticky. The taste of the salmon was not masked by sauce but rather enhanced by it. Served ir with wild rice & peas...plates came back clean :D A definite keeper !! Thank you Kree !
This was really good. We enjoyed that the marinade was not overpowering and the subtle flavors of the marinade complemented the salmon very well. I had to use dried parsley, since when I went to the cupboard, the oregano was all gone... Still tasted great. Thanks!