Recipe by **Mandy**
Here's a great way to jazz up some root vegies from Sfi. I usually add spuds & carrots to mine too!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Even though DH didn't care for this dish, it gets 5 stars because two 6 year old girls ate it willingly, as long as we told them it was made out of white carrots and potatoes. ;) I really liked the flavor, but I normally like root veggies and balsamic vinegar and he doesn't. This recipe was so easy. Served in tortillas with vaca frita.
- 2 parsnips, peeled, halved lengthways
- 2 swedes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 turnips, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Remove core from parsnip (if woody) and cut into similar sized chunks to swede and turnip. Spread vegetables in a single layer in roasting pan.
- Make balsamic glaze: Place oil, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Secure lid and shake to combine. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add glaze and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Pour glaze over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Roast vegetables, turning once, for 1 hour or until tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve with roast, grilled or pan-fried meat.