Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in the Gourmet Magazine
- 4 boneless pork chops or 4 center-cut pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar (a bit more for more gravy but also add a bit more sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 -10 quartered shallots (peeled but ends left on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season chops with salt & pepper and cook with shallots in hot oil (about 2.5 minutes on each side and chops are golden brown, turning shallots occasionally).
- Remove chops and set aside on plate.
- Add vinegar, sugar (a bit of salt & pepper to taste) to shallots and continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Return chops and any juices on plate to skillet. Turn chops 3-4 times until coated. Then continue cooking until chops are done, turning twice.
- Remove chops and continue cooking mixture for about 5 minutes. Pour gravy over chops and serve.
- Quick, Easy and Delicious! I'm guessing on the prep and cook time. I can't remember and this is a required field.
- P.S. You can add more chops but of course, increase other ingredients for the gravy.
This was so easy! My family loved it and said it tasted like a restaurant meal. We've had it twice now and it works just as well with onions. Thank you for this great recipe!
This was great and EASY to make. Everyone loved it, including my 4 yo. I substituted onions for shallots. Excellent!