Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in one of my old cookbooks at home here. It's all Andrea's fault I am on a Balsamic kick !!!
- 8 boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick, trimmed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml fine chopped shallots or 44.37 ml onions
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar (packed)
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Cook chops 4 minutes one side, turn over and cook 3 minutes the other side. Transfer to platter and keep warm. Increase heat to high. Stir shallot into pan juices; cook 1 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar and cook 1 minute. Pour sauce over chops.
I have never reviewed a recipe before but this was so good. It was so easy too. Minimal ingredients and quick. Every ingredient is a household staple for me so it will be a great go to! All around wonderful. The flavor was awesome. I used some finely chopped onion and my husband (who cannot stand onion) had no idea it was in there. Next time I really want to try the shallots though for a different flavor.
I love balsamic vinegar and really enjoyed this sauce. Tangy with a slight sweetness and the addition of the onion made it even better. Pork was perfectly cooked - moist and tender. I also want to try this sauce with steak, and maybe experiment with grilled chicken.
Let me start off by saying that I have NEVER done one review of anything in my entire life, but this recipe was so incredible I felt compelled to write my first review ever :-) WOW is all I have to say. This was so delicious, and my husband, who is a total foodie and is sooooooo picky, sometimes to the point of being snobby, about food absolutely loved this!!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! The only thing different with mine was that I used 2 inch thick pork chops and seared them 4 minutes on each side and then placed them in the oven for 12 minutes on 350. Thank you so much again.....this is definitely a staple in our home now!!!!!