Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy appetizer to dress up ordinary button mushrooms. Feel free to try other mushroom varieties, such as baby bella, or mix them up.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat; stir in mushrooms and shallots, season with salt, and cook until mushrooms release their liquid and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, brown sugar, and vinegar; bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced to a glaze.
- Turn off heat and stir in parsley, if desired.
Oh WOW! Talk about scumptous! I had this with your Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts and Green Bean and Onion Vinaigrette. Delicious dinner! I cut up the mushrooms in half so we could have more of them. Sure am glad I did. The only way I want to eat mushrooms from now on. Love the balsamic glaze on it! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
These mushrooms are so tasty. But next time I may cut them in half. Cause the ones I had were huge. I used one small shallot. What a great way to cook mushrooms. Thanks Ice Cool Kitty :) Made for Alphabet tag game
Made for PAC 2010. We had it as a side dish with spice rubbed steaks. I made it with green onion tails instead of shallots as we also had it with your honey glazed onions. Very tasty dish. Thanks for sharing