Recipe by Kree
This is a slightly tweaked Rachael Ray recipe. I'm planning on trying it with raspberry balsamic vinegar. I also plan on spraying the plums with non-stick spray and grilling them on a regular gas grill, since I don't have a grill pan.
Top Review by Luschka
This is really fantastic! I was blown away by the flavours. The only thing that I would change is that I'd bake the plums so that they can be a lot softer. I think that would improve the recipe. The syrup and icecream combo is phenomenal though!
- 4 ripe plums, halved and pitted (California red or dark skinned)
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or 1 pint soy ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill pan to high heat. Drizzle fruit with oil to keep it from sticking and grill plums 3 minutes on each side.
- While fruit is grilling, pour balsamic vinegar into a small pot and place pot over medium high heat. When vinegar heats to a boil, reduce vinegar by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar, vanilla and lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in warm balsamic vinegar.
- Place hot, grilled fruit on dessert plates. Top with a scoop of ice cream, if desired. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.