This is out of the Fall 2008 clean eating magazine...this is great served with brown rice or rice pilaf and a salad. Based on the first two reviews I have made a change in the directions for the sauce...
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and cracked pepper.
- Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey.
- Add vinegar mixture to skillet, watch carefully for the sauce will thicken almost immediately.
- Serve and enjoy.
The sauce added a very nice flavor! I roasted my salmon in a 425F oven for 9 minutes, making the sauce on the stove top over medium-low heat, while the salmon cooked. Tagged for 123Hits.
We just loved this! I will agree with the last reviewer on the time factor- as soon as the glaze mixture hit the pan, it reduced in MAYBE 10 seconds. I flipped the salmon to coat both sides, then pulled from the heat. Any longer and it would have burned, so wait until you are ready to pull the fish before adding the glaze. That said, the combination of salmon, honey, and balsamic vinegar is not to be missed. This was a wonderful dinner, and we enjoyed every bite.
Good flavor, easy preparation but one caveat: with high heat, the vinegar-honey mixture will very rapidly reduce and caramelize, so you need to watch the food and not the clock.