1/1 Photo of Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Bell Pepper Sandwiches
from Cooking Light magazine. These are very good and filling sandwiches. We all enjoy them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups onions, vertically sliced (about 1 large)
- 16 ounces focaccia bread (2 8oz loaves)
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken.
- 3Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- 4Add 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done and vinegar is syrupy.
- 5Remove chicken mixture from the pan; cover and keep warm.
- 6Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- 7Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- 8Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 7 minutes or until tender.
- 9Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 1 minute or until vinegar is syrupy.
- 10Cut foccaccia loaves in half horizontally.
- 11Arrange chicken mixture evenly over bottom halves of bread; top with bell pepper mixture.
- 12Arrange cheese over pepper mixture, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- 13Top with top halves of bread.
- 14Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; let stand 5 minutes.
- 15Cut each sandwich into 6 wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Bell Pepper Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 423.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: