Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Rachael Ray’s 365: No Repeats. It is great! Easy and fast to make. I served it with sour cream mashed potatoes. The leftovers are great over pasta or plain polenta.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil an cook the chicken. Transfer to a platter and cover with foil.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, onions, thyme, rosemary and garlic. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, honey and chicken stock. Cook until reduced by ½.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter. Stir until the butter melts. Add the chicken back to the pan and coat it in the glaze.
Great, quick recipe with polenta! I can see us using this as a base recipe with other meats as well, like pork chops, salmon or Italian sausage.
It was almost like Chinese chicken only not as salty. This was great!