Recipe by Audrey M
Not your ordinary baked chicken. Only 4 WW points.
Top Review by amy__brewer
I cooked this meal for 2 of my good friends, my partner, and the inlaws. Everyone LOVED IT!!! The sweet and sour tang of the balsamic vinegar was just right. I cant wait to have it again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons green onion tops, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning and sprinkling pepper equally on each side of chicken, about 10 minutes or until slightly brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain off any excess oil.
- Add garlic to pan; saute over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and slowly add chicken stock, scraping to dissolve any bits clinging to bottom of pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add vinegar and honey and rapidly boil for 3 minutes to reduce liquid to one cup.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat to medium. Cook, turning, about 30 minutes or until liquid thickens and becomes a dark mahogany glaze and chicken is done.