Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Special Thanks to Paula Deen who provided this recipe to all her fans who came to her show at the Chicago Theater in November. Thanks for a great dinner!!!
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Steam broccoli until crisp tender. Place broccoli in a serving bowl; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, cook balsamic vinegar over medium heat until reduced by half. stir in butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli, tossing gently to coat.
WOW WOW WOW!!! I loved this dish and ate almost the whole thing by myself. DH thought it was just "ok", but what does he know - LOL! Be sure to drain the broccoli well so as not to dilute the sauce. I will be making this on a regular basis. Thanks for posting a great recipe.
So delicious!! I halved the recipe and only used half the amount of butter and it was still fantastic. Thanks for this great new way to serve broccoli.
DH does not like broccoli so I got to enjoy this all by myself. Made half the recipe but sure wished I made it all. Do get the best balsamic vinegar you can find because the sauce is fantastic. Might try one head of broccoli and one cauliflower and see how that works, I could eat this for a meal with some brown rice and not just as a side dish! Made and reviewed for PAC Spring 2013,