Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I got this off a free recipe card at a local store (Hart's)
Make and share this Balsamic Garlic T-Bone Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1 lb) beef t-bone steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- In small saucepan cook vinegar over low heat until reduced to about 3 tablespoons and vinegar is syrupy.
- In small bowl stir together thyme, garlic, peppercorns, and salt. Rub on both sides of steaks.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium direct heat. Grill steaks, uncovered, to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. (Allow 11 to 14 minutes for medium-rare or 13 to 16 minutes for medium).
- Serve steaks drizzled with vinegar syrup.
This was awesome. I discovered, accidentally, by drizzling the balsamic syrup on the plate it will harden like caramel. When you lay the hot meat on it it melts and is absorbed by the steak for an even more flavorful bite every time. I plan to try this on other meats. Thanks for a great recipe!
Wow, this had great flavor. Had to wait about 30 min to get the reduction but it is worth the time put into it. May try next on a pork loin, they always need some help.
Excellent, flavorful sauce with just a few ingredients. The balsamic reduction is so delicious, complex enough for adults, yummy enough for kids. We will definitely make this again.