Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Basically a turbo-charged teriyaki marinade, this recipe does wonders for salmon, chops, chicken and steak on the grill, but works on the stovetop and in the oven as well. The longer you marinate the better, though I've found that it's also great if simply brushed onto burgers while grilling, without marinating beforehand.
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry or 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Blend ingredients.
- Marinate meat or firm-fleshed fish (salmon, tuna, shark, shrimp, etc) for up to 4 hours at room temperature (8 in fridge), preferably in a vessel that allows them to be completely covered. If not, turn halfway through your anticipated marinating time.
- Discard marinade, then grill, broil or pan fry.
DH and I really liked this. DD didn't care for it at all. DH had it with boneless, skinless chicken breast which we cooked on the grill. Can't wait to try it on other things. I guess we'll put this one away to use on days when it's just the 2 of us for dinner. Thanks!