Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted to make crock pot pork chops but am not that fond of sweet barbecue sauce... so, inspired by Kari's stomach-popping chops recipe, here's what I came up with! Darn tasty!
- 4 pork chops, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (lemon juice okay)
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- Add all ingredients except water and cornstarch (or arrowroot) to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 hours, then check meat and vegetables for done-ness; remove bay leaf.
- When meat and veggies are to your preferred texture (about 5 1/2 hours), whisk cornstarch and water together, stir into crock pot, re-cover pot and cook for 30 additional minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Please note: depending on the size and age of your crock pot, cooking times may vary; older crock pots tend to cook a little faster than the newer ones (if you know your pot cooks at a low temp, you might want to turn it to high after 4 hours).