6 hrs 5 mins
I wanted to make crock pot pork chops but am not that fond of sweet barbecue sauce... so, inspired by Kari's stomach-popping chops recipe, here's what I came up with! Darn tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (lemon juice okay)
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1Add all ingredients except water and cornstarch (or arrowroot) to the crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 hours, then check meat and vegetables for done-ness; remove bay leaf.
- 3When meat and veggies are to your preferred texture (about 5 1/2 hours), whisk cornstarch and water together, stir into crock pot, re-cover pot and cook for 30 additional minutes.
- 4Serve over rice.
- 5Please note: depending on the size and age of your crock pot, cooking times may vary; older crock pots tend to cook a little faster than the newer ones (if you know your pot cooks at a low temp, you might want to turn it to high after 4 hours).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Garlic Crock Pot Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.3
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 1006.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 44.0 g