Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Rachael Ray.
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Drain, then rinse with cold water; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the eggplant, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until soft and golden, 7-9 minutes.
- Add to the pasta and toss; let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Add the mixed greens, bell pepper, mozzarella, onion, parsley and vinegar to the pasta and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.