1/1 Photo of Balsamic Fig Vinegar
Fig infused balsamic vinegar. Omit the sugar if your figs are brusting with sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring figs, vinegar, and sugar to a simmer in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally over low heat, for 10 minutes. Cover, and let cool completely.
- 2Working in batches, puree mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- 3Strain through a fine sieve into a large nonreactive bowl.
- 4Line sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filter, and place over another large nonreactive bowl. Pour strained mixture into sieve. (Do not press solids in sieve.) Cover with plastic wrap, and let mixture strain in refrigerator overnight (or up to 2 days).
- 5Uncover, and remove sieve from bowl. Discard solids. Pour vinegar into a resealable nonreactive bottle or jar.
- 6(Vinegar can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.).
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Fig Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: